Friday, July 2, 2010

Out with the old

The night before last I entered a new energized phase. I know this because I found myself staring at the clock every 1/2 hr to 1 hour for no apparent reason. Tried reading, warm milk, different pillows, light exercises ... Nothing seemed to help. Finally ventured out of bed at 7am yesterday and didn't need to return to bed until 11pm last night. Finding lots to do to keep me busy during the daylight hours. For example, I finally got 'round to doing some much overdue mending, cleaned out the sewing area at the back of my laundry room (I can actually use my sewing machine now that I have liberated it from a stack of abandoned projects, workshop samples, and ephemera), and tossed expired medications and other crap from the bathroom. I'm sure my heirs will appreciate not having to deal with all the flotsam of my little life. In the meantime, I can enjoy my space so much more and can actually find what I want when I want it. What a concept. Today's project: picking trailing blackberries for jam. If there are enough blackcurrants, they'll be batch number two. On the other hand, I see a refreshing nap in my near future. Z is fast becoming my favourite letter of the alphabet.

No comments:

Post a Comment