Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dream Train

One of the more entertaining side effects of my drug regime is the effect it has on my dreams. Some night visions are downright bizarre, others so funny I find myself laughing as I climb out of slumber. Last night I had a very neat dream that I can only wish to be true. In the dream, I was catching the Skytrain via the Granville Street station which is located in the basement of The Bay in downtown Vancouver. When I stepped on board the train, however, I was surprised to find myself in a VIA railcar rather than the Skytrain. The next and every other stop was another VIA station which, handily enough, was also located in the basement of a Bay store but in a different city somewhere across Canada - some locations, like Woodstock, NB, are not even served by VIA or The Bay. I soon found that, if I got off at more than one stop, I could easily shop my way across the country in an afternoon. Better yet, I could step outside each Bay store to explore the surrounding area! Wouldn't that be a gas?! If nothing else, it would make visiting family and friends so much easier and less expensive. Perhaps I'll write to VIA officials suggesting they implement such a service.

No comments:

Post a Comment