Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter

Had a wonderful Easter weekend. Family (plus Donna) gathered at Penny and Jon's for a delightful feast. Whiskers, the chocolate bunny, didn't last long and I soon regretted it - some tummy upset. Otherwise, a very pleasant time. Until I started to laugh and my throat went into spasm. After a minute or so of hard coughing, I caught my breath once more, however, I continued to cough throughout the night and following morning. Since life without laughter is hardly work the effort, it is a small price to pay.

Today, Easter Monday, will be a lazy day. Only just up but already feel like a nap. If ambition strikes and the weather holds, I may venture outside and clean up a bit after Friday night's wicked storm. Lots of branches down, potted plants tipped over, debris everywhere. The road to Mom's looked like a path in the woods on Sat am! Heard two cars were hit by trees on the Stanley Park causeway, so really can't complain. The power of Mother Nature never ceases to amaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment