Monday, November 8, 2010

scary stuff

Somehow between co-ordinating my new medical treatment, taking care of Momzy, and having my house renovated I've found some time for a bit of fun. For Halloween, I thought I'd give in to Momzy's pleas for a new set of eyes by purchasing a set similar to those included in a Mr Potato Head kit. In keeping with the season, we opted for a larger, oranger vegetable than the typical tuber. Here are the results of our efforts - Penny's is hands down the most frightening of the lot!








As if that weren't scary enough for all you blog followers, here's a shot of the lunch I was served at the hospital on my last day of chemo. Not sure why a salt package was included as the soup was surely from that mineral base. The white stuff under the processed turkey and salty gravy is congealed instant rice. The carrots in the salad were wilted and the raisins hard. The over-steeped tea was like mud. The very yellow "lemon" pudding was the most palatable item on the tray (lactose intolerance prevented me from sampling the milk, which I'm sure would have won the taste test hands down). And folks wonder why hospital patients don't get better faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment