Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Measure for Measure

The study nurse just called to give me a report re today's blood test (which I had done at the local lab). Everything continues to look good there. Jayne also provided some results re the CT scan that I had last week, the one that couldn't be reviewed before I saw the oncologist due to a tight turnaround time. Comparisons for only two of the lesions were given to me, but they represent the overall affect of the current drug cocktail. Lesion #1 is located in the lower lobe of my left lung. Before starting the drug trial, the lesion measured 12mm. Today, it is a mere 4mm. The sample lesion in the right side of the trachea began the study at an imposing 15mm but has since shrunk to 8mm. Yup, that does provide a pretty compelling reason to keep on the drug trial. Besides, other than some dryness/callousing on feet and fingertips (a post-blister effect) I've had no adverse side effects this week thanks to the reduced dose of Capecitabine. Nose hairs crossed that we've found the magic dose. I had great fun helping Penny celebrate her 60th b-day this past weekend, and fully intend to out-do the festivities come my own 60th. In the meantime, I'm sure I'll find other excuses to live life large with my amazing circle of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment